Here is Our Newest Video!! "We'll See"

We'll See from WhatCoast on Vimeo.

Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

CHEATERS


AS MUCH AS I LOVED THE ART OF FLIGHT, THEY CHEATED.

And as much as I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, I can't look past what I'm seeing here. 

1. FRONT DOUBLE 10 OVER MOSQUITO CREEK GAP
This thing is huge, and the though of trying that trick on it blows my mind. But if I were to try it, I sure as hell wouldn't do it on my 4th drop - but that's what it looks like in the movie.
After a series of bails, Travis nuts up and sends a double 10 in flat light conditions that looks overshot and over-rotated. But when it cuts to the landing, it's sunny once again and he stomps in an awkwardly high spot on the landing that didn't quite seem to match his trajectory. 
I'm no physics major, but anyone that snowboards can see that this doesn't make sense.

Takeoff Shots





And the movie shows this as his landing:




Only 3 tracks in the landing, and it's sunny out, AND he lands high up on the landing in a different position than the other angle.

HERE'S MY THOUGHT.
In the montage of wrecks on this jump, one looks strikingly similar to the takeoff angle of the front double 10. Here are those shots








2. MARK LANDVIK, FRONT DOUBLE 10 TUCKNEE

I didn't question this until recently, and props to Curt Morgan for fooling everybody so well. But he didn't cover his tracks. Here are the screengrabs of Landvik's front 10 double as shown in the movie, and then watch the Anon Optics commercial with Landvik and see what you think.

Landvik's shot is at 1:13




And the screenshots











No comments:

Post a Comment